Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day, Mom

My mom has given me a lot of great advice over the years.

Here are a few of my favorites.

This one always makes me feel better when everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong. My mom is a scientist, and apparently this was what they would say in the Lab when experiments didn't turn-out the way they expected.



She also, for reasons I don't know, is completely adamant that we fill-out the census:



She is also always very strict on pedestrian safety, as was her mother. To this day, after two generations of reminders not to, I never jaywalk.



And the only piece of advice from her that I don't follow:


My mom never has been a big crafter, and she is continually shocked that I am. So, of course, she was overjoyed when her grandson said, "I don't like arts & crap either, Gramma."

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. Thanks for all the great advice over the years.

What's some of the best advice your mom has given you?

1 comment:

Leanne - The Mommy Radar said...

I just love that quote at the end! Though it must have made crafty gifts tough when you were a kid.

Best piece of advice from my mom: "The day will come and the day will go, and you will get through it." Said many times over the years - when I was dreading a sports day when I was young or dreading my daughter starting day care.

Hope you had a great Mother's Day. Found your blog through My Life and Kids.

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...