Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Instructions for My Husband: You can't throw ice in the trash.

Actually, let me clarify. You can - and do - throw ice in the trash on a regular basis. What you cannot do is throw ice in the trash and have it not make the trash leak. All over the kitchen floor. And make your wife crazy-annoyed.

You see, the ice (which is a solid when you put it in the trash) melts (and becomes a liquid) between the time you put it in our kitchen trash can and the time someone gets around to taking it out for trash day which by the way is every Wednesday and Saturday - exact same two days, each week. Just sayin'.

And while we're on the subject of the freezing point of water, if you leave your beloved water bottles outside when the temperature reaches - hmmm, how should I put this so you'll understand - BELOW freezing, they will freeze. Just sayin'

This is my eighth post in my ongoing series of Instructions for My Husband.

7 comments:

A Mommy in the City said...

That would drive me nuts too! My husband fills up the trash to the absolute top and will keep stuffing until I finally take it out!

Unknown said...

I too find myself having to (repeatedly) give instructions to my husband regarding the trash. Here are a few things I (repeatedly) say to him:

1. If it has the recycling symbol on it, it goes in the...wait for it...recycling bin!

2. If it full, take it out.

3. If it smells, take it out.

Do you think he listens?

Unknown said...

I think we need to hold a garbage tutorial for the husbands - and don't even get me started on my huz and the recyling (that would need to be a multi-part session)

Liz Mays said...

Why the trash and not the sink???

Anonymous said...

This is so great. My pet peeve is less messy: He puts a wine glass IN a greasy pan that's soaking. It leaves the glass slimy, nasty, and just gross. I don't even tell him anymore. Ick.

Unknown said...

omg, i so hear you - i have total sink hierarchy issues! i try to explain that if you put something really dirty in the sink with stuff that is really pretty clean, then you make twice as much work.

if you would like to guest post about the pan situation at your home (or anything else) please, please let me know!

Nicole said...

lol i love it

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...