Friday, September 16, 2011

Instructions for My Husband: While delicious, bacon does not need to be included in every single dish you make.

I love bacon.

You love bacon.

And yet...

We don't need to include bacon in every meal, let alone every dish.

For example, when you cooked a delicious meal on Saturday night it was great that you included bacon in the home fried potatoes. It was a nice touch to wrap the steaks in bacon. But really, did you have to put bacon in the asparagus? Couldn't one dish be bacon-free?

As you know, I love bacon as much as the next person, but at least one dish in every meal should be bacon-free. One dish should also be low in sodium, but that is an instruction for another day.

Photo from the very awesome The Baconcyclopedia: The Ultimate Bacon Reference of Baconic Proportions.

This is my twenty-third instruction for my husband in the ongoing series Instructions for My Husband.

15 comments:

l.e.s.ter said...

Mmmm...bacon.

Anonymous said...

I may have to respectfully disagree with you. bacon=better

Anna ~ Random Handprints said...

@crookedlittlehouse - you will have to come for dinner one night when the huz is cooking!

Unknown said...

This made me burst out laughing : ) All three parts of the meal had bacon. SO FUNNY! What a guy!

Kristin said...

Too funny. I don't eat bacon, and my husband seems to be okay with that. However, the very few times we go out for breakfast, he always orders some. Can I send him over to your place for dinner some time?

RandomHandprints said...

your husband - and you - are welcome for dinner anytime!

RandomHandprints said...

Thanks, it still needs work but it's getting there...

RandomHandprints said...

yes, my huz is definitely some guy.

RandomHandprints said...

you will have to come to dinner sometime when the huz is cooking!

Christine Mack said...

I put bacon in cinnamon rolls..my husband loved it. If they had a bacon retreat he would go to it. I feel you pain!

RandomHandprints said...

mmm bacon in cinnamon rolls. that sounds almost too good to be true.

Shannon said...

My 6 year old son swears everything is better with bacon. ;o)

Thanks for linking up with Friday Food on MomTrends.com!

~Shannon (Food Channel Editor @ MomTrends)

Alicia Harper said...

Hilarious, as usual. I love bacon too, but I'd certainly be sick of it if I ate it with every dish.

Mommy Delicious

Mel's Box of Chocolates said...

My son would have loved this dinner! he had bacon ice cream over the summer in Rehoboth and loved it.

RandomHandprints said...

mmm, bacon ice cream sounds awesome! i'll have to get the name of the place next summer! and next summer would love to have your fam over for all-you-can-eat bacon dinner!

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...