Friday, July 24, 2009

Nature Camp

This summer Magpie is going to Nature Camp. Kay is going back-n-forth in our SUV taking Magpie to and from Nature Camp. The irony is not lost on me that every kid without exception is dropped-off at Nature Camp in a SUV. No hybrids, not even a regular car.

The first day of camp Magpie took forever picking out her outfit, I couldn't really figure out what her angle was, but then she finally told me: "I want to blend-in with the trees. I'll see more animals."

Today Magpie's nature education progressed to her pretending to be a grandma spider. And mine - I got to see a Black-Crowned-Night-Heron dive into the water and swallow a fish whole in one giant gulp. It was truly amazing.

No comments:

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...